Silver protection provides comprehensive coverage for your vehicle. It covers major systems and assemblies, along with specified components within the core systems of your engine and powertrain, even when failure results from ordinary wear and tear.
: In the event of a breakdown, the plan will pay for or reimburse you for receipted expenses to rent a replacement vehicle or for alternate public transportation while your vehicle is being repaired.
Coverage will be provided up to $40 per day, with a maximum of $280 for each repair visit (or $400 if the covered repairs are delayed because of parts availability issues).Towing/Road Service
: If your vehicle is disabled, the plan will pay for or reimburse you for receipted towing or road service expenses, up to $150 per occurrence.Trip Interruption
: If a breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from your home and your vehicle is kept overnight, the plan will reimburse you for receipted hotel and restaurant expenses, up to $200 per day for a maximum total of $800 per occurrence.Lost Key & Lockout
: If your keys are lost or broken, or you get locked out, the plan will reimburse you for receipted expenses, up to a maximum of $35, for locksmith services.
SILVER COVERED COMPONENT LIST
Note: If a component is not listed below, it is not covered by the Silver Protection Plan.Engine Components
- Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head(s), Rotary Housing, and all Internally Lubricated Parts contained within the Engine including: Pistons; Piston Rings; Connecting Rod Bearings; Crankshaft; Crankshaft Main Bearings; Camshaft; Camshaft Bearings; Cam Followers; Timing Chain or Belt; Timing Gears , Guides and Tensioners; Rocker Arms; Rocker Shafts; Rocker Bushings; Cylinder Head Valves; Valve Guides; Valve Lifters; Valve Springs; Valve Seals; Valve Retainers; Valve Seats; Push Rods; Water Pump; Fuel Pump; Oil Pump and Oil Pump Housing; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Timing Chain Cover; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Valve Covers; Engine Mounts; Cam Gear Bolt; Harmonic Balancer Bolt; and Head Bolts.Transmission Components
- (Automatic or Standard) Transmission Case and all Internally Lubricated Parts plus: Torque Converter; Flywheel/Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Electronic Shift Control Unit; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan; Slave/Clutch Master Cylinder; Pilot Bearing; and Throw-Out Bearing.Turbocharger/Supercharger
- (Factory-Installed Only) Turbocharger/Supercharger Housing and all Internally Lubricated Parts.Transfer Case
- Transfer Case and All Internally Lubricated Parts.Drive Axle Components
- (Front and Rear) Drive Axle Case; all Internally Lubricated Parts contained within the Drive Axle; Locking Hubs; Drive Shafts; Center Support Bearings; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints; Axle Bearings; Four-Wheel Drive Actuator; and Differential Cover.Steering Components
- All Internal Parts contained within the Steering Box; Rack-and-Pinion Gear; Power Steering Pump; Power Steering Hoses; Steering Knuckles; Pitman Arm; Idler Arm; Tie Rod Ends and Drag Link Steering Dampner; Upper and Lower Steering Column Shafts and Couplings, including Internal Tilt-Wheel Mechanism; Steering Box and Rack-and-Pinion Gear Housings; Power Steering Assist Cylinder; Power Steering Pump Cooler; Twin "I" Beam and Bushings; and Steering Travel Stop. Rear Wheel Steering: Rear Steering Shaft and Couplings; Power Cylinder and Pump; Electronic Control Unit/Solenoid; Phase Control Unit; Stepper Motor; Steering Box; Control Valve; Rack; and Tie Rod Ends.Brake Components
- The following ABS parts are covered: Electronic Control Processor; Wheel Speed Sensors; Hydraulic Pump/Motor Assembly; Pressure Modulator Valve/Isolation Dump Valve; and Accumulator. The following parts are also covered: Master Cylinder; Power Brake Cylinder; Vacuum/Hydro Assist Booster; Disc Brake Caliper; Wheel Cylinders; Compensating Valve; Brake Hydraulic Lines and Fittings; Hydraulic Control Unit; Hydraulic Trailer Brake Assembly and its Components.Electrical Components
- Alternator; Voltage Regulator; Starter Motor; Starter Solenoid and Starter Drive; Engine Compartment Wiring Harness; Computerized Timing Control Unit; Electronic Ignition Module; Crank Angle Sensor; Knock Sensor; Ignition Switch; Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder; Front and Rear Window Wiper Motor, Washer Pump and Switch; Stop Lamp Switch; Headlamp Switch; Turn Signal Switch; Heater/AC Blower Speed Switch; Manual Heater/AC Control Head; Horns; Trailer Brake Wiring Harness; Auxiliary Power Supply Wiring; Exterior Cab Lighting; Auxiliary Fuel Tank Switching Unit and Switch; and O2 Sensors.Enhanced Electrical Components
- Electronic Instrument Cluster; Distributor; Ignition Coil; Electronic Combination Entry System (does not include Transmitters and Receivers for Remote Locks); Cruise Control Module, Transducer, Servo and Amplifier; Powertrain Control Module; Headlamp Motors; Power Window Motor; Power Seat Motor; Power Mirror Motor; Power Antenna Motor/Mast Assembly; Convertible Top Motor; Power Sunroof Motor; Power Window Switch; Cruise Control Engagement Switch; Power Seat Switch; Power Mirror Motor Switch; Rear Defogger Switch; Power Door Lock Actuator and Switch; and OnStar, CUE, IntelliLink, and MyLink (does not include programming or updates). Air Bags/Safety Restraint System: Air Bags; Impact Sensors; Clock Springs; Safety Belts; Anchor Tensioner and Latch; Passenger Sensing System; Occupancy Sensors; Inflator Modules; and Restraint Sensing Module.Air Conditioning Components
- Condenser; Compressor, Compressor Clutch, and Pulley; Air Conditioning Lines and Hoses; Evaporator; Idler Pulley and Idler Pulley Bearing; High/Low Compressor Cut-off Switch; Expansion Valve; and Pressure Cycling Switch. The following parts are also covered if they are required in connection with the repair of a covered part listed above and only if they have failed: Accumulator/Receiver Dryer; Orifice Tube; Oil and Refrigerant.Seals and Gaskets Coverage
- Seals and Gaskets of covered components designed to prevent the loss of necessary coolants, lubricants, and fluids are covered.Next Steps